Saturday, September 1, 2012

Nerds Like Rap?

One of the first successful "Nerdcore" rappers was probably MC Frontalot. Since then, the term nerd has been over used, thrown around, changed, and a multitude of other things, but here, we stick to the original definition: one whose IQ exceeds their weight.
Other nerds include: Prince Ea, Lupe Fiasco, Street Light, Ab-Soul, Kendrick Lamar, etc.

What is this right here?
It's another music blog, I guess.
Well.. it's not just that. I'm not going to use this as one of those blogs that just posts peoples' music because you send it. I'm going to listen to everything sent to me and post my honest opinions of it. I might sound grandiloquent at times, but there will always substance in what I say, I promise you. Read everything closely with a dictionary app up and you might learn something.

Who am I?
I am Waverly Spades. No. That isn't my real name. It's a pseudonym. One of my favorite pseudonyms is Pseudonymous Bosch. He's a great author. I'm a teenager from Baltimore who has an interest in most styles of music, but I like Hip-Hop the most. I'm black. I wear glasses. I study music theory in my spare time.

Why did I make this?
Too many blogs are so generic.
aaand like I said, I'm from Baltimore, MD. There are not a lot of good blogs here (but there are some good ones like BmoresVeryOwn and Definition Of Fresh). I don't want to be considered just a Baltimore blog though. I will post stuff from people all around the world. I want to put out my sometimes controversial (that's what my friends say) thoughts about Hip-Hop. I also don't mind helping expose some lesser known artists. This is like the Big Ghost Chronicles except I have an opposite personality.

What I'm listening to right now?
#SummerSessions by BKnitts of WhiteBoyTakeover. I'm definitely posting my thoughts on that here. I know. Some other stuff that I'm listening to and know I'll post sooner or later, 21117 by Jay Verze, those songs that Ronny and Ron Love did, that one song by Bobby Woody, Forever Dope by Schwaze, XV, Chance The Rapper, yadda yadda.

You want your music on this blog? Just send it to me, waverlyspades@gmail.com
Be warned, I post what I truly think of your music. Don't get mad if I say I don't like something and offer constructive criticism. Full submission rules will come later, but for now, just email stuff to that address.

No comments:

Post a Comment