Friday, September 21, 2012

Fuck Rap Ch. 2 - Bink

Ok. so the cover art is all demonic and what not. I think it's cool. It looks like one of the kids from my school drew it. Bink sent me this tape and asked for my thoughts, so I decided to take a listen. I've listened to the first Fuck Rap previously and some of the tracks on Random Acts of Flyness. Honestly, I don't like Bink's personality. He's a high school drop out who thinks he's already famous because he's getting play on DMVJams. The kid's cocky and names himself the Best Teen Rapper out there. While his arrogance upsets me a bit, the dude rips (skateboarding-wise) and he is a great rapper who's always grinding (no skateboarding pun intended) and constantly posting dope stuff. His videos get thousands of views and with Diamond Fire Films, they can be a bit "typical rapper," but they're cool.


IOF - I really do like this beat. Bink goes hard. Not much to say besides the fact it's a nice way to start a mixtape.
4.5/5

1/4 Brick Of White ft. Noski (Prod. by @TyyRocks) - This beat is hot. I like the song. I can do my swag dance to this song. I heard a cancer line. ugh. stop the typical shit. This song is bouncy though. I like it. Like play this at a party or something. I heard the first Le Scait Gawd tag. lol. Noski and Bink killed it. I don't know which verse I particularly favor.
2.7/5

Purple Kush Flowers - Is this a mainstream beat or something? I feel like I may have heard it. Or at least that sample. I love it though. Bink talks a lot about that rapper lifestyle we all know and love. The song vibes though. I like it.
-deep voice -Yeuh ho
3/5

LA ft. Jae Poet & Rickie Jacobs (Prod. by Jedi) - I saw Jae Poet and Rickie Jacobs and got excited. I love both of these dudes. Two of the most talented dudes in Baltimore. I wish Jae Poet's verse was longer. lol. Bink's flow is starting to get a bit typical, but it's still hot. Jae on that hook. yasssss. Jae just murdered his 2nd verse. Oh no. This nigga Rick. He went ham as usual. His verse was a bit funny. I love that beat. The end is weird. Who's supposed to be rapping? lol.
"She suck dick like Armageddon. Got big tits like watermelons. Wet pussy, that's all she's selling."
4.5/5

Liberachi ft. Shame & Noski (Prod. by @YoungOneBeats) - This song is cool. One of those club banger type shits. I don't like it mch. Bink killed. The other two dudes are alright.
1.4/5

Rod Flanders - Lol. I loathe this beat. I don't like it whatsoever, EXCEPT for that smooth part where the latino woman is talking. This negro, Bink did go off though. I cannot tell a lie. Cual es tu numero de telefono? Hahahha that had me laughing. idk why. Bink just really sounded like that Latina woman
3/5

Rap Niggas ft. Jae Poet & Rickie Jacobs (Prod. by @YoungOneBeats) - Ok, I know I heard this before! This was one of the singles. The beat made me do that look you make when the beat drops. Yeah, you know what I'm talking bout. That "ungh" face. I like this. It's really catchy. Jae killed his verse. Rickie Jacobs snapped. The only thing I don't like is that this song sounds unmastered, or something. Now where are these bad bitches at? When are they gonna give head to me?
3.5/5

Bonfire - God DAMN! This is definitely one of my favorite Bink verses. The boy went crazy. woop woop swag swag. I already love the original. I love this. The chorus is a bit odd in my opinion. I don't think much more needs to be said about this.
"They stupider from Jupiter"
4.4/5

Say You Will (deep) - Remember when Kanye first dropped this? I hated it, but I really like the original. I like Bink's verse too. It may not be Kendrick Lamar deep, but a lot of these lines are pretty dope. The flow is dope. I love it. The "swag" at the end killed the tone, though. lol.
"I ain't shit without my rap career."
4.7/5

Flexxin - I think this was one of the singles that dropped before the tape. I don't know exactly, I feel like I've heard it before. It's got one of those typical trap beats, and he's going hard. and yeah. Skinny nigga's runnin shit. This is a cool track though. I thought of 2Chainz when I heard this song, no lie. (no pun intended)
"Still tryna get mad rich, so I copped the Porsche, but it's 3 doors."
2/5

No Idea ft. Jase (Prod. by DreStolah) - I love DreStolah. I think I first heard him on the first Fuck Rap. Jase killed his 2 verses. Lyrically, not much content or anything, but what do I know? I have no idea what these niggas are talking about. Les Cait Gawd killed it. While the lyrics aren't speaking to me much, they somewhat do the beat justice.
"Fuckin for money, but they fuckin with me"
2.3/5

Stranger ft. King Midas & Day Day - This song is mad dope. I love this. When it first came on, I'm thinking, "What? They flipped Gotye?," and then I realized that they wrote that hook. Bink's verse is aiight, a tad bit unrelated. lol. That's Midas singing, right? I love that dude. This whole song is amazing. I don't know who Day Day is, but he killed his verse.
"She lying. Got predators prying. Competitors crying. Get cheddar for trying."
4.7/5

59 (Prod. by DameBeatz) - 59 seconds. Interesting idea for a song. The beat sounds like something Southside would do. I know I saw the video for this a few months ago. This is a song is okay.
2/5

The Last Stop (Throwback) (Prod by GeneralBeatz) - This is definitely my favorite song off of the mixtape. Has Bink released this before? It sounds familiar, but I know I've heard the beat on GeneralBeatz' youtube, so that might be why. The song is dope. This is probably the deepest song off the tape, man.
"You can't be hard if you doubting your son.. You can't go big if you doubt Fat Pun"
3.6/5

Black Tie (Jae Poet ft. Bink) - Life's a bitch, but you love these hoes. Ok, I love this song. Jae Poet is really dope. Bink's only on the chorus (lol like Kanye in that song with Fonzworth Bently). I usually think Bonus tracks are the best endings to a mixtape, and I guess it's just a bonus, but this is hot.
"I play the beat, prolly made the beat"
4.6/5

Overall, the mixtape was OKAY. I like a few songs and a few beats. Here and there, Bink throws out some really good lines. Like I said, he sounds really cocky, and that somewhat annoys me. Bink has an great flow and some good lyrics, but sometimes straying from a message or not having one at all. He does say some clever stuff and there are some great features and beats here, although some of this is just strepitous. One thing I noticed is that when Fuck Rap dropped, it was everywhere. DMVJams had his video and a banner up. The artwork/tracklisting was more professionally done. This seemed a bit rushed in some efforts. (UPDATE: I just noticed DMVJams.com isn't even up! lol what happened?) Umm what else to say. Swag. 67% D+

Go download the mixtape at http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/bink-fuck-rap-chapter-two-mixtape.63144.html

Go Follow Bink!
http://twitter.com/RealBink
http://RealBink.com

This review was brought to you by Waverly Spades, and now I'm off to do more reviews because it's a Friday night and you guys keep sending me stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment