Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Nova Starz - Not Surprised (Prod. by Street Scott) [NEW SONG]



What's up? It's the real Carlton Banks over here and I'm just hoping y'all had an awesome Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate (or if you don't celebrate a holiday at all, I just hope you had a nice day)). My laptop's up and running again, so I'm back to this blog thing I do in my spare time. I'm on break until Wednsday, so I'll have a lot of that hehe.
This track right here, I heard a few days ago on BmoresVeryOwn and Street Scott sent it into me. Before I go in about how amazingly futuristic this is, let me introduce everyone here to Nova Starz and Street Scott. Both are artists from Baltimore. Nova Starz is a singer. I first heard of her earlier this year when I saw her video for Time Machine. That video in itself is crazy; the way it's put together, amazing vocals, and ridiculous production (also done by Scott). This woman is bringing originality and a new sound to RnB. She reminds me of Jai Paul in the exemperintality, but still having sort of an RnB/pop feel in her songs. Around then is also the time I first got into Street Scott. One of my friends who is also into the Baltimore Hip Hop Scene told me about him and this dude is ridiculous. While he's produced for major label artists such as Jim Jones, Max B, and Jadakiss, Street's production is going to be a major foundation in that Baltimore sound. He's produced a lot of Rickie Jacob's dopest shit and made heaven in a FreEP for Rome Duran. On top of his amazing production skills, Scott is an amazing rapper, doing features for artists such as Big Dro and having a single like Rocket Man. These two people are, in my opinion, two of the most creative and original artists we have in Baltimore. They're both on my list of people to make it out of here. You know what's even better?
They're engaged. WHAT? PEOPLE THIS AMAZING ACTUALLY FIND OTHER PEOPLE THAT ARE THAT AMAZING AND GET MARRIED. THAT'S RARE. it's happening, bro. You saw the end of that Time Machine video. lol. They're like a younger version of Winslow Dynasty lol.
AND NOWWWWWWW the song.
The song starts off with a little vocal bit that I know is from something else! Ahhh it's killing me that I can't remember what it is. Nova's voice throughout this whole track is just beautiful-- no. It's better than that. It's sumptuous. All vocal delivery is flawless. I wouldn't be surprised if she recorded it all in one take. Nova Starz makes singing sound so easy to do (and then, I tried singing. It wasn't as easy as Nova made it seem). The instrumentation is so heavenly. I don't know if those drums are live or if Scott is just that fucking amazing at sampling/creating drums. The beat is so smooth. This song doesn't even sound 2012. It doesn't sound 2013. The song is from the future. Nova Starz is going to change and bring back life to RnB. I don't have much more to say about this, but that if you read this and don't download the, you're choosing to live under that rock.

QUINTUPLE NERD APPROVED, MY NIGGA.
Get ready for Nova's album Dark Lovely Places... For The #Ragers coming next month!

Download Not Surprised by Nova Starz (or live under your rock and not witness the greatness that shall be the future)
@NovaStarz | @StreetScott
Nova Starz on Soundcloud
Street Scott on Soundcloud

This review was brought to you by Waverly Spades, and I'm hoping you had a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment