Friday, October 5, 2012

J. Cole & Major Lazer - Get Free Cole World


Here is the new J. Cole track. I actually love this. I mean, I liked J. Cole before, but I never fully understood the hype, but this track has definitely mad me aware..] He starts off rapping about a girl from the ghetto dating a white guy. "Niggas broke her heart, now she trying white guys. Too afraid to bring her around cuz her girlfriend's a clown like 'Girl, I ain't know you like em bite sized.'" It's understandable in this day and age because interracial dating has been misunderstood and still is. The verse is ended alone perfectly. "They askin questions about a 5 year plan. Who I'm foolin? They could never understand"
The chorus is BEAUTIFUL. It's Amber (of the Dirty Projectors). I'm literally singing this around school. I love it.

I like how he starts talking about the election and then brings it to himself. I could quote literally every other line.
"The same dudes think I'm fucking dimes all the time like I walk around with money on my mind all the time"

Cole shows us he's changed his sound and he's definitely grown up since The Come Up. I love it.
"The old sound that I've grown out of was grown out of being broke with hope"

I'm really respecting Cole in a new light. I love it.
7.2/5

Download Get Free Cole World by J. Cole
Peep the original by Major Lazer. It's artistic beauty.

This is Waverly Spades and I'm off to jailbreak that iPhone 5s (yeah. i got the blueprints).

No comments:

Post a Comment