Friday, January 24, 2014

Bobby Woody - Roland (Telegraph Ave Remix)


Hey Trekkies, and Nerds! I'm feeling bad because I realized that I didn't put on my signature introduction. I've really been out of it, so I'm going to revamp it for this one. Ayo, it's me: Bill Nye's 2nd cousin aka the ORIGINAL black nerd aka the REAL Carlton Banks aka the Blacker Hacker aka Big Ghost's Prodigy aka the 3rd realest nigga in the game aka Game of Spades, but you may just know me by fake name on the streets: Waverly Spades. Today I have with me, a friend of mine, Bobby Woody's latest track. I haven't put him on here since his "Rollin In Da Deep." (hahah been a while, dude.) While Bobby is a great rapper, I've always felt that he was producer first, and this one is his latest beat. (This is an instrumental remix of Telegraph Ave from Childish Gambino's new album "Because The Internet.") His rapping is fast paced, all over the place, and confident in his insecurities and his beats are a reflection of that. When it starts, you have no idea where it's going to go, but then, you hear that "Chicks Love Bobby Woody." It's a lot of the little things that make this track. The piano lines are easily a standout. That weird percussive synth thing that plays around with the hats. This dude even sings for a bit (or at least I think that's him. I didn't hear that part in the orignal. lol.) Overall, this is a great track. I was listening to the original nonstop before I heard this. Good ass job.
5 Nerd Contemplations out of 5
Nerd Approved

Follow @BobbyJWoody on Twitter
Add Bobby Woody on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter @WaverlySpades

No comments:

Post a Comment