Thursday, September 19, 2013

Same Old Story - Nicholas Miles

Hey nerds and geologists. It's me the real Carlton Banks, but you probably know me as Waverly Spades. Today, I got this joint sent in by Nicholas Miles. He's another artist from Baltimore. It's called Same Old Story. It opens up with some soulful, sampled, dope shit. It's a nice little story about some burgular, I think. Next, it transitions into this weird, Neo-Dilla type beat and I just love it. Who produced that? It's like a part 2 to the first section. At one point he says "put you in a box, got you locked, duct tape in a basement." This sounds like the murder at Da Vinci's down in Mt. Vernon where two employess were robbed, locked in the basement, and burned to death in a fire started by a robber. Baltimore's crazy. Both of these parts feel like short snippets and it really makes you want a full song, especially for the 2nd part. Overall, this song is dope. Check it out.
4.6 Nerd Contemplations out of 5
Nerd Approved

Follow Nicholas Miles on Twitter @antxlewis
Follow me on Twitter @WaverlySpades

No comments:

Post a Comment