Monday, April 8, 2013

Arjaye Jeter - Rapxploitation [VIDEO]

Sorry Nerds! I've been on a hiatus. Third quarter of Junior year has been fucking VEXATIOUS. I've hardly gotten to listen to the stuff in my inbox! (I'm slowly sifting through it and mass writing as you read this.) Luckily, 4th quarter is here, and hopefully, that means that the school work will lighten up, but if it doesn't (because my teachers can be overbearing assholes), there's only 8 weeks left of school for me! After that, I'm an internet blogger almost full time.
Today, I have this joint by Chicago rapper, Arjaye Jeter. The smooth boom bap beat is produced by Thelonius Martin. The video is filmed by Hatwood312. All of those kids are part of some new Chicago media team called Chillville. I'm really digging the song. It's pretty simple, and simplicity can be such elegance sometimes. The video is pretty typical, but it's cool. The only thing that angers me is the horrible promotion strategy. They paid whatever amount of money for 20k+ fake views. That's the wrong way to do things and it just looks stupid when you only have 2 comments and like 13 likes. Just a tip to you artists out there: pay for real promotion and PR, not just botviews and subscribers
The song tho: 3.6 Nerd Contemplations out of 5
Follow @ArjayeJetter on Twitter
Follow me on twitter @WaverlySpades

No comments:

Post a Comment