Saturday, March 9, 2013

Death Comes In 3's - Dave Amazin



What's up? It's the original black nerd aka the first black man to recieve the Galaxy S4 (not to date) aka the Blacker Hacker aka Bill Nye's 2nd cousin, but you mig ide Chicago emcee, Dave Amazin. The name already has me intrigued. How could I not listen? It starts out with a great acapella "Disclaimer." It sounds a bit like a suicide note to me. From the intro alone, it sounds like Dave Amazin is a dead guy and this was his last mixtape and this is interesting. It's a  mysterious person that I want to know about now. Then, his music starts. Dave Amazin has some pretty great lyrics. Some really reach the pith of my mindset and thinking. This mixtape has somewhat the wrecklessness of a person who knows they're about to die (but not a suicidal one!), but still can transfer to introspective. The few original beats on hear are amazing. Dave Amazin is a very intriguing intellect. The downside of this mixtape is some of the quality/mixing. His flow needs to get a bit more steady sometimes. The cartoon and movie samples make me really happy. Overall, this tape is good and I see potential in this kid..
"If we were both in those pearly gates, would God let in either one?"

3.75 Nerd Contemplations out of 5

Follow @DaveAmazin on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment