Monday, January 28, 2013

Jay Verze - David Ruffin [New Song]




What's up? It's me, the real Carlton Banks aka the Based Trap God aka the Original black Nerd aka Bill Nye's 2nd Cousin. Today, I'm here with Jay Verze's latest single David Ruffin. I know, I know. I'm late. This single dropped on like the first day of the year and it's the 28th. I got school. Petition me. Well let's get to the song now.
Produced by Scrilla (who seems to be one of Verze's favorite Soundclick producers), this beat is just too smooth. Througout the track, Verze raps about how much life has changed for him in the past year as he's been getting popular making music. We all know that story. When people start to see another person on the comeup, they try to hop on the bandwagon. In the chorus, Mr. 21117 spits "They all tryna see it now. Got 'em thinking wow. They saying 'Oh you made it now? C'mon, let's get down. I'm so proud. You my brother now. We gon' make it out.'" While Verze complains of some people calling him on his high horse, his feelings are completely understandable. I've known of Verze since I heard his feature on Baltimore. Along with a lot of Baltimore talent, Verze has really been coming up. He's in the newspaper, doing these interviews, and opening up for Cam'ron. It's only natural that people would hop on the bandwagon. The song is a little motivation to keep going. I like the title reference to the late Temptation, David Ruffin. He started in the Temptations as a backup, but later became the frontman. The difference between him and Verze though is that ego problems (and a slight cocaine addiction) eventually killed one of them. JayIsonCocainelol 
My advice to Verze: Stay humble until you really make it. Then rerelease this song. haha. When old niggas come up like "C'mon let's get down," just give them the number to the rejection hotline and get so much satisfaction when you give them that face like ----->
3.7 Nerd Contemplations out of 5
Nerd Approved

This joint was brought to you by Waverly Spades, and now I'm off to look for a new phone. Mine doesn't ring when people call me.

1 comment: