Sunday, February 24, 2013

JuniorJTG - Smilin Faces [Audio]




Sup everybody. It's me, the orignal black nerd, aka Nardwuar behind a blog, aka the real Carlton Banks, but you may know me as Waverly Spades. Today, Indiana rapper, JuniorJTG sent me his new track "Smilin' Faces" and I suppose I'll tell you what I think of it.
When the beat starts playing, I thought I was listening to Rich Man and The Pauper. While it sorta has the same message (and same temptations sample), JunorJTG puts his own little flow on this. I've never really heard an Indiana rapper, so this sound is somewhat new to me, but at the same time, not. He sounds like a mix of an indie southern rapper, and everyone from Chicago. (Indiana is right next to Illinois.) Overall, I like the song, but I do really hate the mixing. Vocals too loud, not mixed with the beat enough, vocal samples not loud enough, all that stuff that usually annoys me, but it's an okay song.

2.5 Nerd Contemplations out of 5

Follow @JuniorJTG on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment